An award-winning project
This building is a documentation centre/library for the French Civil Aviation University (ENAC).
Joris Ide provided its expertise with a solution adapted to this public access building with the JI Vulcasteel Wall 1000SF, our insulated panel with a mineral wool core.
ConstruirAcier, an organisation that promotes the French Steel sector, has been organising the “Eiffel Steel Architecture” Trophies for 4 years in order to highlight architectural works made with steel.
This project was awarded an Eiffel Trophy 2017 (in the Learn category). This distinction puts the spotlight on the quality of "steel" as a material as well as the know-how of all the actors involved in the project.
Link to the 2017 winners of the Trophy: https://www.tropheesacier.fr/laureats-2017
- Client: École Nationale de l'Aviation Civile/French Civil Aviation University
- Architect: Munvez Morel Architectes
- Contractor: Bouygues Construction
- Insulated panel in mineral wool, Microrib finish (JI Vulcasteel Wall SF Micro)
- Perforated profile (JI 90-500 perforated)
- Surface area: 1500 m²